Monday, September 27, 2010

Marriage Minute - Miracle Cure


A few weeks ago, I mentioned that I thoroughly blistered my hands while chopping surfaced tree roots out of my yard. Less than a week later, my hands were perfectly fine. Too amazing to be true?  I’m sure you’re interested in my secret miracle cure, and I’m willing to share it with you.

I believe in it as much as Toula’s dad believed in the curative properties of Windex in My Big Fat Greek Wedding. I use this product on cuts, scrapes, blisters, sunburns…any skin issue is quickly cured by this amazing product. I once read that it helps the digestive system, and I actually drank a few ounces of it chilled.  It might not be tasty, but it works when applied.  So what is this magic elixir?
Pure Aloe. Don’t toy around with that “hand lotion enhanced with Aloe.” You’ve gotta get the full blown, unadulterated Aloe…nothing less than 99% Aloe will do. It's so good that I even capitalize it.  Aloe.  It heals everything on contact.

In our marriages, there are similar cure-alls that you’ve undoubtedly discovered over the years. There are certain words or actions that diffuse tense situations, heal wounds, and restore relationships. These things are Aloe and Windex to your marriage and home.  So take a minute to share some “trade secrets” in the comments section. What is Aloe to your marriage?  Some mentioned last night are offering a hug and admitting you’re wrong about a specific item.

Commit a few of these to memory, and the next time things get abrasive in your home, apply a little marital Aloe to hasten the healing!

-Kevin

No comments: